Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday, March 3rd Daily Post

Second day of our first full week, how did everyone do last night? Did you find yourself making better choices? Were you able to better judge when you had enough to eat? How about water intake at night, how's everyone doing with that?

8 comments:

Mary Annie said...

I did ok last night. I had an egg salad sandwich from the gym and some funky thing called quinoa - it has a lot of protein in it. My biggest problem that I need to work on is the time I eat at night. I missed my "drop my pen" time by an hour. I went to the gym and exercised for an hour. I went home and ate - it was 9pm. I need to figure out how to move that time up as I feel like I eat and then go to bed. This will be an on-going struggle for me.

Katie said...

Missing your 'drop your pen' by an hour is great for you! Good job! I'm proud of you. I'd love to try quinoa, I know Aunt Susie said that she knows how to cook with it, and I've never done that, I'd love to learn.

Good job last night!

I was at work late for a photo thing, but then met dave at Uno's pizza and I just had a little less than one piece of pizza and then a side salad. Even though it was pizza, I didn't overeat and I didn't feel bad after eating it, I felt like I knew when to put my fork down, even though I could have kept on eating--that's big for me!

kate said...

I made myself a salad, since I had eaten a big lunch (spaghetti). Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and avocado, spray honey mustard dressing (I love these spray things),and some string type of toppings (guess I should look to see if they are good or bad for me - oops !)

Katie said...

I love the spray dressings too, I use the Eating Right Asian dressing and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Did pretty well yesterday -- soup for lunch, beef and noodles and cooked carrots and a side salad (had to hurry through though because I had a meeting -- which helped me not go for seconds). No snacks when I got home, but also no water (only 4 1/2 glasses during the day). Still no exercise, though, how can I get started?

Katie said...

When I started to exercise, I just did a quick 10-15 minutes on the gazelle, just enough that it seemed like I did something, but not enough to make me think that I was taking a lot of time at night. I did it when I had dinner in the oven. I then increased my time 2 minutes every week. By the time I got to 30 minutes, it was a breeze and I magically had enough time to exercise...not sure how that happened =) If I were you, mom, I would ask dad to bring up the gazelle from the basement until you can get into a routine and jut put it in the living room and push it off to the side when you are done. Even doing a couple of minutes a night to get into a routine is better than nothing. I needed baby steps with exercising. I never understood how anyone could just jump on a machine and do it for an hour...I would die. I would start with 10 minutes, see how you feel, go to 15 and then I would stop and do it again the next night. This worked for me at least....but I had to have the gazelle in my sight, so it stayed in our living room for weeks, but it worked!

kate said...

Grandma L - I had a hard time getting started with ecercise as well. Believe it or not, the way I started was to get up during commercials and start marching in place.....then sit down.....then march in place again. When you haven't excercised much, it gets your body moving and your blood flowing. Yes, I have my bike in the family room too so that I can do it even just a few minutes a day, but I started doing that marching in place. Once you don't breathe heavy anymore, keep marching in place but bring you knees up higher as you march. At least it will get you moving until you area ready to start something else.

kate said...

I have the Wii and the Wii Fit and I love it! You're right - you are exercising but you don't really feel like you are!