Monday, March 2, 2009

Update from Susie

Hi, everyone!

As Katie mentioned, Durrell and I had a weekend away and so I came back to a lot of chatter from The Lunch Box. This is so great!

Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. It looks like several of you have discovered Subway wraps as a great diet food. When I was on WeightWatchers a couple of years ago, that is what I found as well, although it was really difficult to tell them to hold the cheese. But, I survived!
2. Water on the weekends. Can anyone tell me how to keep up with water intake on the weekends? The only way that I am ever able to attempt to drink that much water is when I am at my desk for too many hours on end.
3. Speaking of that, Mary Annie, I am with you -- I can easily sit at my desk for way too many hours -- I don't budge. When Durrell is home, he fixes me lunch and I eat at my desk. I don't usually even budge to go to the bathroom -- except for now that I am finally drinking water. UGH -- every hour on the hour (if not before). I hate that, but the toxins are being drained out of me!!!!
4. I am not sure how this post is going to show up (my name). I have a login called SuWheat (my nickname) so if that is how it comes up, then that is me.
5. One other thing -- Mary Annie, my Daniel has had a really rough and tough time with mood and anger management since his head injury last fall/winter. I have him on an over-the-counter herbal called "Sam-E". It works miracles -- at least for him. If anyone else has ideas, please let me know because we struggle with that with him and we also have one of my girls who struggles from time-to-time with depression. Please let me know what "secret" you have, Crista!
6. Besides those comments about your posts, I am starting again with my water this morning (as soon as I finish this post, I will go get my day's goal and sit them on my desk). Water is all I am worrying about right now and starting to cut back a bit on snacking. I am babystepping it, although the rest of you will be farther ahead than me. I just know myself and within a few weeks, I will be fully immersed, but right now water -- next week, begin the exercise. Oh, the thought of that -- ugh!

Here's to a GREAT week -- success to everyone! Love you -- thanks for being there for all of us!

No comments: