If you keep track of your daily food, you might be interested in knowing how many calories you need per day. You can click on this site: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_6_1x_Calorie_Calculator.asp
Enter your weight and it will tell you how many calories you need to maintain and how many you need to cut out of your day to lose a pound a week.
Hope someone finds this useful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've noticed that more and more food chains are listing their nutritional content on the web. So, the next time you don't have time to pack a lunch for work, decide where you are going to eat and look up the most nutritious item on the menu before going. I do have to warn you though-there are some things that I thought were healthy (like a salad from Corner Bakery) that had more than 700 calories in them and tons of fat and sugar! I just read somewhere that it doesn't matter how many carbs you watch, or sugar, it all comes down to calories. I don't know if this is true, but I thought it was interesting.
Also remember: If you want to know how many calories are in your favorite foods and you don't have the box or bag handy, just google it. Put in "how many calories are in _______". Google knows everything!
This is a great site, Katie; thanks for doing the research. I need to eat 3000 calories to maintain, but reduce by 250 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week (or walk 2.5 miles a day). Did you know light cleaning burns off 240 calories an hour? My target heart rate should be between 83 and 123 beats a minute. And, as I already knew, I am classified obese for my BMI of 37.8. There was also information regarding portion sizes that I found quite interesting -- thanks again!
I'm so glad that you found it helpful! I completely missed the items on the side of the page and had to go back and calculate my BMI and my target heart rate. I need 2100 calories to maintain and I'm right on the line between normal and overweight for BMI...so this is good timing!
OK, here's mine - I need to have 2590 calories to maintain and then to lose one pound per week I need to lose 500 calories per day. 2590calories sound like a lot, but I am sure I will get thru them sooner than I would think. My heart beat needs to be between 83 and 123. I am at the top end of the "normal" weight in BMI, so I need to work on this a lot and lower it. My BMI is 24.9 and 25 is considered overweight, which is not a surprise to me. I am going to try and start counting calories tomorrow and see how I do. Only drank 3 bottles of water today instead of 4. Will do better tomorrow. I am excited and scared all at the same time.
Post a Comment