Saturday, February 28, 2009

Items to help with managing your weight

These items below have really helped me and I thought someone might benefit from them:

1.  Reusable lunch bag:  Not only is it not wasteful, but it helps you to not over pack your lunch, only a certain amount of food will fit in one bag.

2.  Plastic water bottle:  I use one with a screw on cap so there's never any worry about it leaking in my bag.  I always have a big bag so it's never a problem to carry water with me all day long.  Also, it has tick marks that tell you how much you've had to drink.  Of course a plastic disposable water bottle would work as well, but I like the fact that I'm not throwing 6 bottles of water in the trash a day.

3.  Snack-size plastic bags:  Although I just said I don't like creating much plastic waste, I wouldn't be able to get through my snacking without these little bags.  They make me feel like I have a big snack, when in essence I have only had a 1/4 cup or a little more of a snack.  I love these bags.  You find them right by the regular sandwich bags in the store.  Also, little tupperware (1/2 cup size) works well too, but I personally like the bags.

2 comments:

kate said...

I love the little plastic snack bags. I make popcorn the night before and then proportion it out so I only eat what I should.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... we aren't supposed to eat the whole bowl of popcorn?