I was doing some research on self-discipline and ran across this website. He has a lot of information on self-discipline (which I started delving into since this seems to be my biggest problem), but while reading I got side-tracked on a page he wrote on how to become an early riser -- there are several articles on it and his suggestions made sense and sounded easy enough for me to try. So thought I would share it. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/
By the way, I apologize to all of you for not following through enough on my commitment to this blog. With that said, however, I read everything that comes through and am proud of all of you. I do have to admit that I am thoroughly without my excuse this week (Mike, that is). He is in Denver. So -- although I didn't do anything substantial at work today (someone brought in muffins this morning, so I had one -- Subway turkey breast (no cheese, lite mayo, and lots of veggies) for lunch, but I only drank one glass of water and one Diet Coke (yes, it has appeared again in my diet, albeit minimally) while at work. For dinner, had a salad full of veggies and less in the way of dressing (although I tried to find the sprays at Meijers today and they didn't have them, so I probably still could cut down on those). I exercised for 1.5 mile in 20 minutes on the gazelle, but didn't add any water tonight (will try to get in a little before bed). Also my goal is to accomplish one project every night that he is gone -- started a couple tonight, but didn't finish any. Got a late start because I had to go to the grocery store and stock up on veggies and fruit. Will try to start tomorrow AM by getting up as soon as the alarm rings, and starting the day with some eggs and fruit for breakfast. Baby steps, I guess. So -- I'm on my way to get a drink of water and get ready for bed. Here's to a few more steps tomorrow!!!!!
Love you all and thanks for helping motivate and encourage!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mom-Great job yesterday! You say they are baby steps, but I think they are huge steps! As long as we are aware of what we are doing day to day, we can't go wrong. Even if we feel like we haven't been doing the right thing, as long as we all know what we are doing everyday, that makes a difference. Being oblivious doesn't work (and I think we've all tried that before!).
Thanks for the link about how to become an early riser. I have to say that I was so excited to get on here and tell you good luck and great job for yesterday that I haven't opened the link yet, but I will. I would LOVE to get up earlier. I get up at 7am everyday, which is so late. I need to get up at 6:00am at the latest and exercise and if I don't exercise, I need to walk to work. Now that the weather is better, my goal is to get out and walk everyday whether that's walk to work, walk home from work or take a walk at lunch. I have my walking shoes right by my desk (just a cheap $20 pair of walking shoes so I can keep my other pair at home) so I have no excuse if the weather is nice to get up and put my shoes on and go for a walk.
Does everyone have sidewalks where they work? If so, I encourage you all to go for a 20 minute breather at lunch. Not only does the fresh air make you feel better, but it will energize you for the rest of the afternoon! If you can't go for 20 minutes, go for 10, just get up and move for a little bit each day at work.
Good luck to everyone today!
Post a Comment