Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday, March 12th Daily Post

Sorry for posting late, even though it's only a couple of us responding, I'm still going to keep posting!

How'd everyone do last night?

7 comments:

Katie said...

I did really well last night, was very hungry all day long, but kept to my snacks. Had a change in plan for dinner and instead of healthy chicken, I made whole grain pasta...I just needed the extra calories I think! I did my Wii Fit right when I got home and found that out of my 10 pounds to reach my goal, I have 7.1 pounds left to lose, which was good news. I feel much better and even though I'm not sure if it's in my head or not, I think my double chin is going away! Whoohooo! My waist is 1 1/4" smaller (from Hula-hooping, I'm sure!) and I'm just thrilled.

Even though I'm sure I bore you all to death posting everyday, I'm going to keep doing it because it helps me! If you want to be taken off the email, please let me know.

kate said...

I'm sure glad you are doing well on hula hooping.....it keeps hitting me in the head ! I did well yesterday. I am just amazed that I am never hungry, which is a big deal for me. I just eat to keep my snacks going. My big problem is still water - I drink more than I used to, but still not enough. I have not lost anymore weight (bummer), but I haven't gained either (whoo hoo !). Various types of exercising is going well. Overall, food and exercising are good.....water is not, so I will keep plugging away. Congratulations, Katie, on your weight loss.....and congrats as well to Crista, who is making progress on lots of fronts (and no progress on the front that you were worried about). tee hee !

Katie said...

Aunt Kate-to keep from having the hoop hit your head, you need to lean forward right when it comes your way...I used to run into the same problem and didn't realize why. I broke my record last night on the advanced hula and did a total of 869 spins in 3 minutes! Whoohoo! It's getting really hard to break the record, but I'm going to really try to get to 900 tonight, don't know if I can do it or not though!

Great job on not feeling hungry, that's a tough hurdle to overcome and it sounds like you have found a great balance, I'm proud of you! It's difficult to get your water intake throughout the day so don't be too hard on yourself and just try everyday to start drinking a little earlier and end drinking a little later. I used to take a travel mug of coffee with me to work and I stopped doing that. If I can't drink a cup of coffee before I leave the house, then I don't drink any. I switch to water the minute I get to work and that's all I drink all day. It sounds like you are doing so well, that's just wonderful!

Crista-I didn't comment last night on yours, sorry about that. Great job on giving up cheeseburgers and pop! That's great. And you're losing weight too, that's wonderful!

kate said...

I try to lean the way they say to and I still screw it up....I admit to being very uncoordinated. But my running is always good on the Wii.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I haven't deserted the group -- and, I need everyone to know that I finally got on the Gazelle last night for 15 minutes -- Mike is gone tonight, so I plan on staying on longer and maybe a couple of times. I think the first time is the hardest to get started. Still doing okay on eating and drinking water, but I haven't actually counted calories yet. Also planning on measuring myself tonight -- TONIGHT is crucial to my getting ahead while Mike is gone until around 9. Watch out world!

kate said...

Whoo hoo my sister ! I have never tried the Gazelle, but I am VERY uncoordinated (as I have admitted in these postings several times), so I think the recumbent exercise bike is the machine for me ! Are you going to be able to measure by yourself? I had a hard time and had to do it at work so someone could help (see,I AM uncoordinated!

Katie said...

That's great,Mom! I loved the gazelle and cried when I had to throw it out when we moved....that is a great machine. Good job doing 15 minutes for the first time! I'm glad that you have a night off without dad =)

I didn't have a problem measuring myself, except for my chest, that was a little difficult. It's definitely beneficial because I haven't lost much, but 1 1/4" off my waist is a big thing to me, so that made me feel good!

Good luck tonight!