Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, March 30th Daily Post

Hi Everyone! There's just one and a half more days of March left, is everyone on schedule to reach their goal?

I was behind in my Oprah watching and since I took a 3 hour nap yesterday, I was up late and I thought I would catch up. I watched her show from last Tuesday with Dr. Oz on it and he was talking about advances in science that has the potential to increase our life expectancy by decades. Although this seemed very interesting, I found myself thinking about one of the guests more so than watching the rest of the show. One of the guests was talking about how he does the calorie-limitation diet and has for the past 8 years. He talked about how he looks at some things and gets tempted, but keeps his 'eye on the prize' and so he doesn't sway from his calorie counting.

Calorie limiting may not be a new thing, but this particular guest caught my attention because it really came down to one question: Do you want to take care of your body or not? It's that simple and it hit me like a bullet. This guy had made the choice to take care of the only body that he is ever going to have. Instead of being okay with taking medication for high blood pressure or sore joints, he chose to eat well and by eating well, he eliminated his need for medication (he also hadn't had a cold in 8 years).

So, my post this morning is simple: Do you want to take care of your body or not? If you do, jump in and not only say you do, but do it! Medical science is getting to the point that we can grow our own organs, but do you want to have to do that? Do you want to have knee replacement or hip replacement or be on medication or suffer from stress or be overweight? Then do something about it! We all have a duty to take care of our bodies, it's the one duty that we are born with and we should all make an effort to do just that.

Come on everyone, enough being quiet, let's do this together! Get on the blog and post what you want to do to change your lifestyle and the ONLY thing keeping you from doing it is YOU! We need to get out from behind our excuses; I'm too busy, I just don't have the motivation, etc. We need to all be there for one another and change our lives! We can each do this for ourselves, but we can achieve it faster if we do it TOGETHER!

So I urge everyone to get on today and put those excuses to bed. Think hard about one thing your weight is keeping you from doing and change it! We can do this! Let's get back on and treat our bodies the way they should be treated! There is no time like the present!

1 comment:

kate said...

Has anyone ever told you that you are in the wrong business and that you need to be a professional motivator? You're good ! Anyways, I am still sick (the doctor said most people recover in a couple of weeks). But, no pounds gained while in Vegas. Unfortunately, with all the walking that we did, no pounds lost either. I can breathe a little better today so I am thinking I would like to try my bike, even though I am sure I won't stay on long. I would kill for even ten minutes on the bike, since it has been over a week since I have exercised with anything other than walking. Believe it or not, I didn't eat every few hours in Vegas (this had been working for me before I left), so I am trying now to get back on track. Sick or not, I WILL get back to where I was headed before vacation. Since I didn't gain weight on vacation, I am still on track to lose a total of 10 lbs by June. I will have to really work, because I had only lost 3 by March instead of 5. I will do it !!!