It's Friday and my turn. I hope everyone has had a great week. I have had a crazy week dealing with big public company, forecasting, explaining low ebitda, and attempting to reduce taxes. I am currently sitting in a room with three vice presidents, 4 tax employees, 1 regulatory employee, our ops guys and it folks. So I need some coffee because the water isn't cutting it.
I feel like I have fallen off the wagon this week and was feeling horrible that I didn't meet the "drop my pen" and exercise goal. However, I received a phone call from Grandma yesterday where she reached out and said that she loves me and to have a good day. That completely changed my day - turned it around. I realized that it is the small things that make you smile - say hi to a stranger, see a smiling baby, or call your family and tell them that you love them. So I really want you all to have a great day and know that you are all loved.
As far as additional health tips for the further, here are a couple of things that keep me motivated:
1. Get an exercise buddy to hold you accountable. It is in my nature to veg out on the couch or take a nap when it get home. As a result, I prepare my gym bag and workout at Lifetime Fitness. About three years ago, I got a trainer to show me weights. I was intimidated by his looks as it is cute and built (Aunt Kathy - great article yesterday). He is actually now brother-like as he knows about everything - family, work, bosses, Katie's 30th birthday, etc. I tried to see him a couple times a week, but he also texts him everyday as he knows when I show up and when I don't. Those damn membership cards that scan - big brother that is always watching. However, he is really helps me on the accountability side. He is great. Plus he gives me free service if I do his taxes.
2. Eat breakfast. I was talking to Shaun and he told me that if you eat breakfast, you burn an extra 150 calories a day. I thought that was interesting as I normally don't eat until 2pm which I know is horrible to do.
3. Outline your meals and plan for the week - Now Katie don't get mad at me. Katie came down and laid out my meals for the week. We went to the store and we prepped the entire week - portioned out my snacks and meals. That was great as I run at the door everyday and if it is prepared and waiting it is easy to grab. Katie loves putting meal plans together and I really appreciated it.
I will come up with more, but the fun meeting is about ready to start again. I hope you all have a great day and remember you are all loved!
Aunt Susie - I didn't know you can do that with quinoa. I get it in the cold version with cranberries at Lifetime. I have inquired if I can get the recipe and I haven't heard back.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post Banani! Sorry, I've been piddling around the office and haven't gotten to the blog today until now.
I believe that eating breakfast would make you eat 150 calories less in the day, it definitely helps me from binge-eating at lunch.
I also miss my workout buddy (Dave). He goes to the gym at lunch now and I do the wii fit...I miss going to the gym with him and I was definitely exercising more when we were gym buddies.
As far as meal and snack planning, I believe in this so much that I'm thinking about going into business doing just that. The difference it makes in your eating habits and the amount of time you have left in the week do spend doing whatever you want, is amazing. The hard part is that you really have to be dedicated to coming home at night and making a healthy meal and preparing for the next day--that's the hard part. Once you get over that obstacle, you end up saving boat loads of money and you eat much better.
Even though I live right above a grocery store, if it's not in the house, I will never crave something so much that I go downstairs to get it....that's the key, if you go shopping after work, you might fall into a craving pit and end up bringing a cherry pastry square home....or at least I would!
Tonight is our night to eat badly and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to make sure I do my wii and then I'm ordering a blt and some fries and I am going to enjoy every morsel of it...because I've earned it!
Does anyone else feel like they deserve a treat this week? Tell your stories, even if you think it's just a small accomplishment, you worked hard at it and you should toot your own horn!
I eat my favorite ice cream - not a huge bowl but enough to feel satisfied - every Sunday night as my treat.
Post a Comment