Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goals

Here we go!  It's not pretty, but pretty would take time and I think we are all more concerned with starting than making the blog pretty, so here it is!  We are on our way to supporting each other in a new, healthy, more active life.  For the first post, I thought I would pose a question for everyone to answer and so we all know where to look to see how we are all doing on our goals.

What is your weight loss goal and by what date would you like to achieve it?

9 comments:

Katie said...

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by May 1st. I would like to achieve this goal by reducing the amount I eat, by choosing healthy snacks and by exercising 4 times a week at least. Your support will keep me going on this!

Anonymous said...

Great job Katie! This is very cute. My goal is to lose 25 lbs by June 1. My second is another 25lbs by Dec. 31. Obviously, I am going to focus on the first goal. I am cutting out sugar, pop, and as much white flour as possible. I am also trying to exercise at least 20 minutes a day. I have reduced my portions and I just bought ALLi. I'm a little nervous about its side effects, but figure it will keep me honest. I look like a Jenny Craig "before" commercial & I really want to change that.

Anonymous said...

I am having a difficult time setting a goal -- Ideally, I would love to lose 10 lbs by June and another 5 lbs by September, but... I would be ELATED if I could instead learn to eat healthy, drink lots of water AND exercise, thus helping me feel better. My "big" issues are my hips and rear end, so trimming those down would be more important to me than any weight loss at all. So, help -- how do I set a goal? I lost 23 lbs a couple of years ago and so I am not as overweight as I used to be, but I could definitely use at LEAST 5-10 lbs.

My tummy is one place I would love to flatten. That seems to be the place where when it is flatter, I feel more confident. It's a girl thing, I think! Doesn't seem to bother Durrell at all that he looks like he is pregnant :)) Sorry, honey -- I love you!

Anonymous said...

OK, after "chatting" with Katie via e-mail, I have revised my goals -- I am going to take this in baby steps because I didn't feel like the goals that I set were going to be accomplished. Way to vague for me --

So, my revised goal is to take things in bite sized pieces: Goal 1: Drink 3-4 bottles of water/day (I currently don't drink -- water, soda, anything -- terrible for my body). Goal 2: Exercise at least 2-3 days/week (I don't exercise AT ALL now). Once I get those two goals into a habit, I will up my goals and take on more.

Anonymous said...

My goal is to lose 10 pounds also by June 1. I will do this by increasing my water intake to at least 4 glasses a day -- and avoid Diet Coke. I will put my supper on a smaller plate and not take refills, except for salads (with minimum dressing). I will also exercise at least 4 days a week on my Gazelle (sp?) and lifting weights for my arm strength. I will take the stairs instead of the elevator at work. Oh, I'm tired already --

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Mary Ann -- sorry, still getting the hang of this thing.

kate said...

My original goal on Jan 1 was to lose 5 pounds by March and another 5 by June. However, since it is March in a couple of days and I have only lost 1 pound, I need to rethink my goal. First, I would like to drink (to start with) 4 bottles of water a day...then hopefully I can improve. Also, I need to exercise 3 times a week and once on the weekend. I need to stay away from sweets and I think I can do it if I allow myself something sweet once a week. I also need someone to bug me about whether I have had that 4 glasses of water each day - I won't hate you - I will love you if you push me each night.

Mary Annie said...

Hi Everyone! I am late to the blog. I have had a crazy week, but have enjoyed all of your posts. I am going to focus on more lifestyle changes more than just weight loss. Here are my goals:

1.Lose approximately 80lbs over the next 12 months. I would love to have this goal met by my 35th birthday.
2. Move away from frozen meals to more fresh and healthy choices. This will requires more thought and time on my part and will be a struggle at first but beneficial when it becomes my routine.
3. Exercise four times a week for 60 minutes of cardio. I can definitely do three days, but achieving the fourth and fifth day are hard - it interfers with my movie watching. The issue is getting to the gym. Once I am there, I will stay as long as I need.
4. Set a goal of 6pm as the "drop my pen and leave the office" time. I spend too much time and have not given anytime for myself.
5. Get involved in professional organizations.
6. Find a good volunteer opportunity that will keep my involved weekly. I am definitely missing the importance in my life. I need to focus on giving back as I have been fortunate.
7. Since we are family, I will include this. I would like to rely on vitamins and other beneficial/natural ways to get off the medicine that I am taking. I am not happy even on the amt of medicine that I am on. I would like to see this dramatically change by Christmas, if possible.

Anonymous said...

Alleliuia! Can I get an AMEN! I think Mary Ann has Finally had an aha moment. I am thrilled to hear you talk about setting a time to leave the office & I am also excited about you joining some professional organizations. I think you would flourish there. I will do everything I can to help you. About the happiness stuff - I have what you need - when you're ready, I'm here. :)